A new design for DevDocs.magento.com has been developed by Magento. The new navigation and design accelerate access to the most critical documentation, empowering both new and seasoned developers to quickly find answer to Magento 2 coding questions.
Magento conducted extensive user research as well as reviewed feedback from Magento community to find the way users categorize DevDocs topics. From this research, Magento developed new design which is the first of several initiatives to improve DevDocs usability. This new design contains multiple outstanding like:
- Simplified homepage, with the most important books categorized to aid in quick findability
- Contributor section that highlights our recent top contributors
- A cleaner look-and-feel to the content pages
- Community Resources page, with links to blogs, presentations, and other materials created by our community
- The ability to copy code examples directly from the document page to your clipboard
- What’s New in DevDocs, a topic that highlights new and updated content (like a changelog)
The DevDocs home page always shows documentation for the latest version. Besides, you can also switch different one by using version toggle in the upper right corner of every page. Moreover, the Search function displays 2.0.x and 2.1.x documentation results separately, so you can view clearly. Or it can be viewed on a single page.
In the half of 2017, Magento continues to develop this new design and focuses on the next phase of improvement deeper in content.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or questions, you can send them to Magento GitHub or Tweeter @MagentoDevDocs. Your recommendations might be a consideration for the Magento developer.