Magento is a powerful E-commerce platform to build highly scalable online store. Magento extensions are simply great way of adding new features and functionality to your Magento powered stores. In this tutorial we will show you how to install and upgrade a custom Magento extension.
Before installing the extension, please:
- Enable the cache by going to Backend -> System -> Cache Management
- Disable Compilation by going to Backend -> System -> Tool -> Compilation
- If your website is live, please backup your store database and web directory.
General Installation Instructions
- Extract Extension zip file
- Upload all folders from the extension package (/app, /js, /skin etc.) to the Magento root folder.
- From the backend, refresh cache at System => Cache Management. Log out and log back in.
- After installing, if the module causes any damages to your site, quickly uninstall it by turning off the Extension_Name.xml file at app/etc/modules (by simply changing the file name).
- For any problems, please contact us via http://magehit.com/contact-us.html
We will give you a link download of newest upgrade version. Then simply overwrite all the old files, flush cache, and then log out and log in again from the backend (it is important to update database properly).
>>>>> View more Magento tutorial