In recent days, Magento users have paid attention to the release of Magento 2.1.3 which contains many highlights. In this post, we will share you outstanding factors of this new release with classification to help you have more knowledge about this new release.
Magento 2.1.3 highlights
Magento 2.1.3 includes more than 90 bug fixes and enhancements as following:
- New PayPal and Braintree payment features:
- Magento 2.1.3 helps increase conversion rates through faster checkouts by allowing customers save their PayPal account as a payment option by themselves. It means customers no longer enter PayPal ID and password in the nest purchases.
- This new release also supports calls by customizing the business name, phone number, and URL which appears on credit card statements for each of your websites through Braintree.
- Magento 2.1.3 helps reduces the problem appearing in shipping process by a feature with a new process that requires you to confirm risk decisions before proceeding with orders.
- Magento 2.1.3 allows unregistered customers to reorder and add items to an existing order in the admin without entering their credit card information again. Therefore, merchant can bill the last payment method used during a guest checkout.
- This release support an Payment Methods page in Admin Interface for simplifying the process of configuring payments.
- Increased storefront performance: The storefront performance in your store will be increase thanks to removed excessive and SQL media queries slowed.
- Management of configurable products with many variations are supported in Admin Interface without degrading performance.
- Successful import/ export CSV files with data that contains special symbols.
- Two new web API endpoints supported for users to process refunds from an order or invoice.
They are provided by Sales module. In the previous version, these actions could only be performed from the Admin Interface. Now, you can do many things after installing this patch as:
- Create a credit memo
- Add details about refunded items to an invoice or order
- Update the status and state of an invoice or order after actions are performed
- Notify a customer about refunded items or invoice or order
- Enhanced performance in the processing of large catalogs
The catalog/ product indexers no longer requires a large temporary table memory allocation in MySQL for large catalogs
That’s all about highlights of Magento 2.1.3 which makes Magento users are interested in recently.